Thursday 9 April 2015

My TV Just Got Smarter!

My Sharp digital TV just got smarter! I am so proud to post (hehe .. boast) that I did it, all by myself. Woo hoo!!
After many months of deliberating to buy/ not to buy from Qoo10, I finally got one last Saturday. Google Chromecast.

Since I got my Chromecast set up 3 days ago, I have been enjoying watching YouTube videos on the largest screen at home - my TV!

Huh, what is this Chromecast thingy? That was the reaction from my usually tech-savvy friend, Bee. Well, it looks like a giant thumb drive that needs to be plugged in to the TV via HDMI port (yup, the one that looks like an oversized USB port).


After I did the set up, I can now project whatever is on the Chrome browser on the screen of my computer or Samsung tablet to the TV. Meaning I can now surf the internet, read emails and of course, watching movies and videos from the big screen. Pretty smart and cool, right?


However, for some reason, this did not work for my Samsung Note 2. It can only cast from Chromecast ready apps like YouTube, TED and Viki. Had to Google for help and found out that it is not one of the supported Andriod devices. Mmmm ...

For SGD65, I have upgraded my browsing experience big time. The downside is that I run the risk of being a YouTube junkie. Soon.

I got my Chromecast from a Singtel Retail Shop in Causeway Point. Just wouldn't wait any longer for deals from Groupon or Deal.com.sg which sold it for around SGD50 last year.

Sharing the videos that got me excited about Chromecast.




No comments:

Post a Comment